Booking Terms & Conditions
Reservations for accommodation by guests (the Guest) are accepted by the property owners (the Owner).
- The Agreement: The rental agreement is between the Guest and the Owner. The contract is deemed to have been made once the Guest has paid a deposit and the Owner has dispatched a confirmation of booking. The Guest must be over 18 years of age at the time of booking.
- Booking: The Guest who makes the booking is deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions will be responsible for all persons included in the booking and should ensure that they are all aware of these Terms & Conditions. The Owner reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over a key to any person who has not complied with these Terms & Conditions.
- Payment: For bookings made more than 6 weeks before arrival, a deposit (part payment) of 25% of the total cost of the holiday, is required. The balance is due 6 weeks before the holiday commences. For bookings made less than 6 weeks before arrival, the total amount is payable in full on booking.
The Guest agrees to pay the balance of the payment SIX (6) weeks before the holiday is due to start. Email reminders are sent, but delivery cannot be guaranteed. Where a Guest fails to pay their balance by the due date the booking may be cancelled and the deposit retained.
- Cleaning: The Guest is responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and in a clean condition; otherwise a cleaning charge will be levied. Please note that the convention for UK Holiday cottages is that Guests are expected to leave the property in a similar state to which they find it (reasonable cleaning excepted). Please abide by this convention so we can continue to provide good value for Guests.
- Number of People using Holiday Accommodation: The Owner permits the Guest and members of the Guest's party (but no one else) to occupy the property for holiday purposes only. The Guest must declare the correct number of additional Guests during booking and, if this changes, must inform the Owner before the rental commences of any change. No more than the maximum number of persons stated on the website may occupy a property unless by prior written agreement with the Owner. Extra charges may be applicable if the number of Guests differs from the number on the booking.
- Arrival/Departure: The properties are available for occupation from 4.00 pm on the first day of the holiday and must be vacated by 10.00 am on the last day.
- Cancellation or Changes by the Guest: Once the holiday is booked the Guest has entered into a legally binding contract. If the Guest cancels, for whatever reason (including medical and weather related) then no refund of the deposit will be due, and within 6 weeks of the holiday no refund of the full balance is due.
It is recommended and expected that the Guest will have or will take out a holiday insurance policy (which includes cancellation insurance covering sickness and unavoidable reasons for cancellation) prior to their stay.
- Pets: No pets are permitted in any of our apartments.
- Guest Responsibility: The supervision of children, babies, and any adults requiring care remains the responsibility of the Guest at all times.
Guests should put all furniture etc back to where it was at the beginning of the rental period.
Guests should not leave any items at the property and, if left, the Owner has the right to charge for the removal, return or disposal of those items.
- Damage, Loss, Theft: Guests agree to inform Owners of any damage or loss however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during occupation. Guests should not remove any item from the property. The Owner may ask for reasonable replacement costs.
- Nuisance: Guests should not cause nuisance or annoyance to occupants of any nearby property.
If, in the opinion of the Owner, any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be treated by the Owner as discharged and the Owner may repossess the property immediately. The Guest will remain liable for the whole cost of rental and no refund shall be due.
- Access: Guests must allow reasonable access to the property by the Owner for maintenance given reasonable notice.
- Property descriptions and all details both written and verbal are given in good faith and believed to be correct, but interpretation thereof can be subjective and as such their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Property details may vary over time from photographs and descriptions on the website.
- Disputes: Any dispute arising out of the booking will be between the Guest and the Owner. No complaints can be considered unless notified during the Guest's stay in the property. It is the duty of Guests to minimise any loss to them and therefore it is their responsibility to inform the Owner at the earliest possible opportunity of any problem.
- The responsibility for the upkeep of the property and any relevant Health and Safety considerations lie with the Owner. Complaints received after departure cannot be accepted as the Owner thereby has no opportunity to resolve the complaint at the time.
- Liability: The Owner cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property, its plumbing, gas, electrical services or exceptional weather.
No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of property, vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Guest or any member of the party during their occupancy.
The maximum liability accepted by the Owner will be the total cost of the holiday as paid by the Guest to the Owner. No other expenses such as travelling costs or alternative accommodation will be accepted.
- Cancellation by Owners: The Owner reserves the right to refuse any booking and to cancel any bookings already made if the property is unavailable (eg through fire, flood, etc) for any reason whatsoever, subject to a full refund of all monies paid (but no further liability). The Owner shall not be under any other liability if such cancellation occurs.
- No Smoking: There is a strict No Smoking policy within the properties. (this includes the balconies or any other part of the premises)
- Force Majeure: The Owner cannot accept responsibility or liability for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government or public authority, or any other event outside our control - See Covid-19 policy.
Waiver: The failure of the Owner to enforce or exercise, at any time or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
- Miscellaneous: The Guest agrees that the contract with the Owner is made at the Owner's premises and that any proceedings between the parties shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the Owner.
- Good Housekeeping Bond: The Good Housekeeping Bond is a security bond made between you and us (the owners of Windermere Lake Holidays) which is taken on the understanding that you the guest will take care of and cause no damage to the property during your stay. Provided there has been no damage during your stay, this bond will be refunded back to you. The Good Housekeeping Bond is £300. This bond will be refunded back to you within 5 working days.
Your personal information
We're committed to a responsible use of any personal data that we collect during your interaction with our website and any bookings you make. We do not collect or store personal data on our websites. We use the following external providers as part of our service who do collect personal information on our behalf.
- Inn Style - for handling all bookings and the personal information gathered on guests to complete such transactions (no personal financial information is held)
- Stripe - Card payment processing
Your personal information is never, and will never, be shared with anyone else, for any purpose, by any of the above.
- To gain visitor statistics through third-party application Google Analytics
- To manage maps through third-party application Google Maps
- To record search preferences and favourites
- Other minor functional uses such as displaying certain elements only once during an initial visit
Our booking provider (Inn Style) keeps personal information (excluding bank/credit card details) to allow for a record of guests to help us understand trends and improve our service. Through Inn Style, our automatic data-retention policy is:
- Personal booking information is maintained indefinately for returning guests, until such time as 10 years has passed without activity. After this period of inactivity (eg. the guest has never re-booked), the personal data will be deleted and they will be removed from our mailing list
We maintain, in line with GDPR rules, an 'opt-in' policy for marketing. You will only receive emails should you have clearly chosen to do so via either verbal or written confirmation with us, or a clear indication through our site signup form or during booking. When marketing via email newsletters etc., you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link in any email marketing communication.
If you wish for us to do this for you and confirm your removal, feel that you are receiving unwanted emails, or simply wish to update us on any changes to your subscription details (email address etc.) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information and help
For any further information on the above, or any queries on issues or subjects not covered here, please contact email@example.com and we will be pleased to help.